During a frugal meal, served by the monks who commissioned the painting, two disciples recognize Christ after the Resurrection, (Luke: 24). The naturalistic details precede the genre scenes of 17th century painting. Following the Council of Trent (1545 -1563) the eye of God seen above replaced the three-faced head of the Trinity. It was painted for the guesthouse of the Carthusian monastery at Galluzzo. However, following the suppression of convents, the work was transferred to the Accademia in 1810 and later to the collection of the Uffizi Gallery in 1948.