It is dated 1914. Its medium is lithograph on paper.
In addition to his work as a glass artist, Louis C. Tiffany was also
an architect, who designed both landscapes and interiors. In 1902,
Tiffany began construction of a large house and country estate
called Laurelton Hall near Oyster Bay, Long Island, which features
prominently in the pages of this biography. The Laurelton Hall complex
was a complete aesthetic environment that encouraged a close
relationship with nature, both outside, with loggias giving view
to 60 acres of carefully planned gardens, and inside, with hanging
potted plants and fountains throughout the rooms
It is credited Sarah and Eleanor Hewitt, former owners, Smithsonian Libraries, N6537 .T5A78 1914
The Artwork of Louis C. Tiffany was published in 1914 and was written for the benefit of Tiffany's children. The book begins, “This volume is not written for the public, but for the children of Louis Comfort Tiffany and at their request.” For this reason, Tiffany overcame his “natural dislike for anything that savors of self-seeking and agreed to the printing of a book which is to some extent a biography but primarily a record.” Of course, they did print significantly more copies of the book than he had children. Ten copies of the book were printed upon parchment and an additional 492 were printed upon Japan paper for private distribution. The copy belonging to the Redwood Library is Number 351 and contains the signature of Louis C. Tiffany.