This mosaic gives name to one of the best known and preserved Roman houses of Italica, paving one of its reception rooms.
The main carpet presents a checkered decoration with representations of birds inserted. Among the most remarkable species are a peacock, an eagle, a rooster, a pigeon, a sparrow, a heron, a goose, a parrot and a mallard duck.
In the central emblem of the mosaic, almost completely lost, it is possible to see the remains of a head with a ribbon, suggesting the presence of a musical or theatrical scene.
It was found during archaeological excavations of Andrés Parladé, between 1930 and 1932.