After returning to Amsterdam in June 1945, Otto Frank learned that Anne and Margot had died in Bergen-Belsen. Miep Gies gave him the diary entries by Anne, which she had stored so that she could retrieve them on her return. Over the following months Otto Frank dedicated himself to preparing the diary for publication and in 1947 the first edition was published under the title of Het Achterhuis (The Annex). He soon arranged for the diary to be translated into German and ensured that it gained attention around the world. In 1957 he supported the establishment of Anne Frank House as a museum and educational institution. In 1963 he founded the Anne Frank Fund in Basel, to which he transferred the copyright for his daughter’s diary. Following the death of Otto Frank, Anne’s cousin Buddy Elias became president of the Anne Frank Fund and decided to give the family’s estate to the Jewish Museum in Frankfurt.