The new wing (Königsbau) of the Munich Residence Palace was built by architect Leo von Klenze in 1826-35 in imitation of the Pitti Palace in Florence. King Ludwig's dressing room, in the new wing, with vaulted and coffered ceiling, was painted with scenes from classical literature and poetry. The geometric floor covering recalls the ceiling pattern. Painted wall decoration is derived from Raphael's Vatican Loggie in the grotesque style. Von Klenze designed the gold and white furniture.