A manor house was first recorded at Brocklesby in 1585. A new house and pleasure grounds were created in the early 17th century. In the following century, Lancelot 'Capability' Brown, James Wyatt, Thomas White and Humphry Repton were involved in the remodelling of the grounds and the construction of garden buildings.
The Hermitage at Brocklesby Park was built in the late 18th century. It is constructed in brick, tufa and includes tree trunk pillars supporting a slate roof. The interior is decorated with tree boles and rustic furniture.
Historic England Archive DP165186