The two-storey building was in a shape of letter E. During World War II the building was seriously damaged. In 1948-49 the east wing from Mazowiecka street was reconstructed, and in the years 1962-1971 the remainder of the building were reconstructed according to Czeslaw Wagner’s design. The elevation was restored with minor changes. Only the center wing was given a new modernist facade. In this state, the building was transferred in 1960 to the State Ethnographic Museum in Warsaw.