Physical Dimensions: overall: 184.2 x 188.6 cm (72 1/2 x 74 1/4 in.)
framed: 235.6 x 250.2 x 12.1 cm (92 3/4 x 98 1/2 x 4 3/4 in.)
Provenance: Commissioned 1489/1490 for the Cappella Capponi of San Niccolò, Santo Spirito, Florence; moved 1713 to the Villa Capponi a Legnaia, near Florence. The Hon. Mrs. Frederick West [c. 1772-1843, née Maria Myddelton, the second wife of Frederick West], Chirk Castle, south of Wrexham, Wales; by inheritance to her son, Frederick Richard West [1799-1862], Chirk Castle, and Ruthin Castle, west of Wrexham, Wales; by inheritance to his son, William Cornwallis Cornwallis-West [1835-1917], Ruthin Castle, and Newlands Manor, Milford on Sea, near Lymington, Hampshire. (Thomas Agnew & Sons, London); (Duveen Brothers, Inc., New York), by 1933; sold 1937 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
 See also The Kress Collection Digital Archive, https://kress.nga.gov/Detail/objects/2356.