At the time of the duchy of Charles III of Bourbon Parma (1849-1854) the Nobles' Lodge, designed almost a century earlier by Petitot for the court of Philip of Bourbon, was converted into the Duke's private residence. The room in which we find ourselves was then used as a Salon de Compagnie and was probably covered with the wooden roof that we see now. The room is entitled with the name of the painter and engraver from Parma, Paolo Toschi (1788-1854). Under the guidance of Biagio Martini the young artist studied Renaissance art without, however, neglecting his studies of contemporary European artistic culture. In continuing his training, Toschi concentrated his interest on three different cultural areas: the Italian Renaissance, with particular attention to Parmigianino, Dutch painting and French neoclassicism. His adherence, with increasing conviction, to the poetic concept of David grew deeper during his apprenticeship in Paris at the school of Bervic (1809-1819). On his return to Italy, Toschi was appointed by Maria Luigia to direct the Academy of Fine Arts and supervise all the artistic activity of Parma. In this position he was able to influence the penetration in Parma of the French artistic culture, as can be seen clearly in the works of urban design and architecture of the city.