THE TRIANGLE: TRIKOṆĀSANA
The Triangle is a unique āsana. It gives very good lateral movements to the spine, stretching and strengthening several muscles on the side of the body. It also helps with balance. It is the last of the 12 Basic Asanas in the cycle. It augments the movement of the Half Spinal Twist.
• Tones the spinal nerves and abdominal organs.
• Increases peristalsis of the digestive tract. This encourages better working of the bowels, gives an appetite and assists digestion.
• The liver and spleen are massaged and secrete more abundantly.
• A lateral stretch is given to the spine on both sides and the muscles are stretched. This keeps the spine elastic.
• The Triangle promotes hip and leg flexibility.