Car 124 is driven by two, 65-horsepower electric motors, and is referred to as "California" style because of its open-air design. Purchased by the San José Railroads for $5,700, it ran in San José on the Santa Clara and First Street Lines from 1912 to 1934. In 1934 the body was sold for use as a house, and was later one of the first cars to be donated to the California Trolley and Railroad Corporation for restoration, sponsored by the San José Mercury News. Car 124 is currently housed at the Trolley Barn in History Park and is open to passengers most weekends for rides around the park.