The two-page view of Nuremberg, titled NVREMBERGA, on folio 100, occupies the most prominent place in the Nuremberg Chronicle, an illustrated description of world history published in 1493. This is the first-ever printed view of Nuremberg, and also the best known. Here the city is viewed from the south, with the Spittlertor gate far to the left and the Frauentor. The walled execution ground (Rabenstein) is in the foreground, and to its right, in the lower right-hand corner and actually located to the east of the city, is the Hadermühle mill on the Wöhrder Wiese meadow. It was important to Wolgemut that the most important buildings, most of which are still classic Nuremberg landmarks today, should be recognizable. These include the Castle, the St. Sebald and St. Lorenz parish churches, and the gate towers. It was considered acceptable to include buildings that could not really have been seen from the viewer's vantage point. The eastern side of the city, where the inlet for the Pegnitz River and the Laufertor gate would have been hidden to the rear, was bent a bit toward the viewer.