This uncompleted view,
embroidered by an unknown hand, copies the subject of an engraving by Gotthold
Emanuel Friedrich Seidel (1774–1838) dating from 1799. The view shows
Gleisshammer Castle from the southeast, and in front of it, the "Bastion
Building" created from a former gatehouse. In the background at left we
can see the settlement of Wöhrd with its church dedicated to St. Bartholomew.
The walls of Nuremberg rise in the distance beyond this hamlet: the easternmost
tower, the Laufertorturm, is clearly recognizable.
The embroiderer may have
been Anna Elise Sophia (1778–1849), daughter of Eberhard Jodokus König von
Königsthal, who owned the castle at the time.