The history of the development of the city water pipe system began with the Vinnytsia water tower. It supplied water to the city from the Southern Bug River through water collecting booths. The water tower was built in 1911 according to the project of the city architect of Vinnytsia, Grigory Artynovv. The tower was made of red brick in the so-called ""brick style"" and reaches a height of 30 meters. Its distinctive feature is a clock that faces all 4 sides. Today the tower hosts an exposition of the memorial of revolutionary and military glory.