Description: The work consists of fourteen white glazed ceramic tiles, each roughly sculpted and engraved. Prior to its acquisition by the Lombardy Region in 2010, the so-called “white” Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross) was preserved in the chapel of the “Casa Materna Asili Nido Ada Bolchini Dell'Acqua”, a charity organization in Milan. The work is the result of collaboration between the architect Marco Zanuso, who designed the building between 1953 and 1954, and Lucio Fontana, who conceived of the decoration specifically for the space of the chapel. There have been recent studies of the relationship of the Via Crucis to other Fontana works, particularly of the preparatory sketches for the fifth door of the Cathedral, the altar step of the Assumption depicting the Pietà, and the spatial works. This research helped identify the specific contextualization of the Via Crucis within the artist's broader reflection on “ambienti spaziali” (spatial environments) begun in the late forties. Based on an analysis of the history of the Casa Materna and the stylistic aspects of the work, it was dated to the year 1955, instead of the earlier estimate of between 1955 and 1956.