The stained glass windows in the exhibition hall showing everyday ritual objects were originally not in the museum building. They used to decorate the synagogue of the Jewish High School in Budapest,the institution that was established in 1920, after a long period of planning. This was the time when the numerus clausus was passed, the first anti-Jewish law in twentieth century Europe, which significantly limited the number of Jews studying in state secondary and higher education. The windows were moved to their present location only after the nationalization of religious schools after World War II, when the synagogue of the school ceased to function as such. The series consists of twelve stained glass windows, each showing religious symbols.