Georgian State Museum of Theatre, Music, Cinema and Choreography
The history of the construction adds even more charm to the building. In 1882, German Prince Constantine Oldenburg (1850-1906) met a beautiful Georgian woman Agraphina Japaridze in Kutaisi, Georgia. At the time she was married to Georgian nobleman Dadiani. Prince Oldenburg was so dazzled by woman's beauty that he decided to ignore her marital status and to confess his love for her.
In 1927 the Museum of Theatre, founded by David Arsenishvili (1905-1963)- a famous Georgian public figure (later appointed as the First Director of the Andrei Rublev Museum in Moscow), was moved to the building. To date this is the only museum of its kind in the Caucasus region and it is one that equals the world's leading museums in the wealth of its collection. The museum contains more than 300,000 objects.
COEXISTENCE OF THE PALACE AND THE MUSEUM
Georgian State Museum of Theatre, Music, Cinema and Choreography - Art Palace