The Museum of Natural History of the Academy of Sciences of Siena called Accademia dei Fisiocritici took origin in the founding (1691).
The finds were increased with collections of Giuseppe Baldassarri (1705-1785), doctor and professor of Natural History Siena the University community, as well as Superintendent of the collection of the Natural History of the Academy and president of the same until death.
The collections of Biagio Bartalini (1750-1822) who succeeded him in the chair and in the care of the Museum were added to the previous one.
The Museum took shape in the second half of the eighteenth century, enriched over the years through donations; It collects collections coming mostly from southern Tuscany.
Around 1970 the Museum has been restored conserving the nineteenth exposure; they are constantly enhancements for greater usability teaching.
Since 1996 it is part of the Sienese Museums, today Fondazione Musei Senesi.