The Shoe Museum was opened in 1995. It was founded by Luigino Rossi, a footwear entrepreneur.
He bought the Foscarini estate, with its historical seventeenth century residence by the Brenta River, to house his company’s museum. The Museum displays over 1500 examples of luxury women’s shoes, dating from 1947 to the present day. The models were designed and produced by Rossimoda for the most prestigious international designers. A precious collection of nineteenth century Venetian footwear is also on show. The exhibition traces the progress of the company over the years, testifying to the local skills and knowledge of the Riviera del Brenta shoemaking district.
It also highlights the evolution of fashion in the second half of the nineteenth century, through that one accessory, the shoe.