State Museum — Cultural Center «Integration» named after N. A. Ostrovsky was opened on December 22, 1940. It is located in a historical building in the center of Moscow on Tverskaya street, 14.
From December 1935 till December 1936 famous writer Nikolay Ostrovsky lived here. He wrote the following novels: «How the Steel was Tempered» and «The Birth of the Storm». He was blind and couldn’t move; however, he courageously continued his work.
The museum includes a permanent exhibition — N. A. Ostrovsky memorial apartment, a hall of temporary exhibitions and a salon of Zinaida Volkonskaya. Olympiads for children, the «Day at the Museum» project, concerts, performances and trainings in the dark are being held here.
The Museum is open to everyone interested in history and culture and charitable traditions.