American inventors Henry Boger and George Alfred Mitchell bought the prototype from John E. Leonard and developed it into Mitchell Standard in 1921. Made entirely from metal, the camera can load a 400-foot and 1,000-foot magazine popular in sound film. The Mitchell Standard became a popular model in Hollywood, replacing Bell & Howell. It was considered a high-priced model, made to order by hand with a serial number assigned to each unit. In Siam, it was used in the Film Department of the State Railway while Thai Film Studio imported one in 1937, and it was used by cinematographer Prasart Sukhum to shoot "King of the White Elephant". R.D. Pestonji was awarded a Mitchell Standard camera from his prize-winning film "Santi-Vina".