According to the record book of arms and armor in the Tachibana family, this helmet was owned by Muneshige, the first lord of the Yanagawa domain. However, there is a possibility that it was owned by Tadashige, the 2nd lord of the family. Because the description about Tadashige’s helmet in the document ('Hara-jo shoka sashimon-cho') of the Nakagawa family is closer resemblance to this helmet.
The big ring and feathers are identical crests of the first lord's helmet, but the sophisticated shape of the helmet indicates that it was made in more recent years. Based on these, this helmet is considered to have been made during the time of the siege of Hara-jo castle in 1638 which both the first and second lords joined.