Panel of three tiles in flat dry cord with text saying: "PROHIBIDO / BLASFEMAR" (NO BLASPHEMING). On a dark blue background with letters in white. During the second half of the 19th century and, especially throughout the 20th century, the architectural use of ceramics reached its high point in Seville. The Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929 was the chance for architects and manufacturers to show the countless attributes of this material. Firms created before and after these dates, like the Jiménez Brothers, Soto y Tello, Mensaque, Rodríguez y Cía., Viuda de Gómez, Ramos Rejano, Mensaque y Soto, Lafita etc, contributed to promoting this Sevillian artistic industry which had a significant role in forming the colourful, bright, sensual and informal image with which the city's architecture is identified.
The decoration of this tile uses flat dry cord, although in this case the manganese was not applied by brush, as was traditional, but with a mould, because it was produced industrially. From the 19th century, as a consequence of the historicist movement, which had practically disappeared from the mid-14th century this technique was recovered.
This tile would be placed on the façade of a parish church, illustrating the extensive use made of Seville tiling throughout the 20th century, such as for advertising and information panels, especially intended for outdoor use.