In 1950, The Jewish Museum received the gift of a single Torah finial made in Breslau in 1792/93 by the silver master Joseph Gottleib Lederhose. The finial was purchased for the museum by Dr. Harry G. Friedman, without record of provenance. In 1994 the mate of this finial appeared at auction in Sotheby's Tel Aviv. The museum was not successful in its bid for the piece, but we prevailed in 1998 when it came up again at auction. This pair of Torah finial was reunited at The Jewish Museum after at least five decades of separation.