This carriage, built by the renowned Viennese
coach-maker Simon Brandmayer for the prince in 1828, is a two-seat coupé
(chariot) with crane-necked undercarriage and C-springs of British manufacture.
Its body is decorated with dark blue paintwork and white interior fittings.
This chariot was intended to serve as both town and state carriage.
In 1890 the chariot was completely overhauled by the
Munich court coach-maker Johann Michael Mayer; among other things, the entire
paintwork and the folding steps in the body's interior were renewed. On this
occasion the original gilding of the wheels seems to have been abandoned in
favour of red tracing. A further restoration was carried out by the Berlin
coach-maker Joseph Neuss in 1909.