The Castelvecchio Museum is housed in the Scaligeri castle, which was built between 1354 and 1356 on the right bank of the Adige. Its current appearance is the result of the set-up promoted by the director Licisco Magagnato and created by the architect Carlo Scarpa who, in the mid-1960s, made it an exemplary point of reference for the post-World War II museographic season. The exhibition gives wide space to the art of the Scaliger court, in particular to the Gothic sculptures of the Master of Sant'Anastasia. The international Gothic is evidenced by works of great value such as those by Stefano di Giovanni, Pisanello and Jacopo Bellini. The innovations of the Renaissance brought to Verona by Andrea Mantegna fuelled the research of Liberale da Verona, Francesco Bonsignori, Domenico and Francesco Morone, and other important artists of the second half of the 15th century. The final section proposes a dense journey from the 16th to the 18th century, through the works of Paolo Morando known as Cavazzola, Girolamo dai Libri, Giovan Francesco Caroto, Paolo Caliari known as Veronese, Jacopo Tintoretto, Alessandro Turchi up to Giambattista and Giandomenico Tiepolo, Pietro Longhi and Francesco Guardi.