The Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil – CCBB SP - occupies the building built in 1901 at Rua Álvares Penteado, 112, at the corner of Rua da Quitanda. Located in the historic heart of the city, on a pedestrian way today, the building was bought in 1923 by Banco do Brasil. In 1927, after a reform designed by the architect Hippolyto Pujol, it became the first own building of the Banco do Brasil in the capital. The construction was completely renovated and reformed to house the CCBB São Paulo. The original elements have been restored, but keeping the lines that makes it so special and one of the most significant examples of the architecture from the beginning of the century. Inaugurated on April 21, 2001, the CCBB São Paulo is the 3rd. cultural institution most visited in the Country and the 68th. in the world, according to the ranking of an English publication The Art Newspaper (April / 2017).