The exhibition brought together by the Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds conveys a comprehensive view of National Socialist tyranny, along with Nuremberg's role as the "City of the Nazi Party Rallies." The National Socialists held their party rallies in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938. Even today, the remains of the largest surviving assemblage of architecture from the National Socialist state and party testify to how the Nazi regime staged this annual propaganda spectacle. The Documentation Center itself is situated in the never-completed Congress Hall. Its long steel and glass corridor, thrusting diagonally through the building, is a landmark of contemporary architecture.
The Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds is part of the network of the Nuremberg Municipal Museums, which includes the following institutions: Albrecht Dürer's House, Museum Tucher Mansion and Hirsvogel Hall, City Museum at Fembo House, Art Collections, Toy Museum, Museum for Industrial Culture, Memorium Nuremberg Trials, German Games Archive, World War II Art Bunker and Medieval Dungeons.