The Municipal Museum of the Kalavritan Holocaust is an Independent Public Entity of the Municipality of the Martyrs' City of Kalavryta. It was founded with two constituent acts in 1986 and 1994, respectively, for the purpose of collecting, documenting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting all kinds of museological material related to the events that took place in the city of Kalavryta and the wider area from the German Occupation Troops in the context of the " Operation Kalavryta" from 5th to 14th December 1943.
The main objective of the Museum is through the exhibition of its collections to keep alive the sacrifice of the population of Kalavryta Holocaust. The Municipal Museum of the Kalavritan Holocaust is housed in a place of traumatic memory, in a place of confinement, distress and anguish, which has now become a place of fertile emotion and productive reflection; in a voice of protest against crime, violence, fascism and Nazism; a symbol of peace and fellowship of people. The Municipal Museum of the Kalavritan Holocaust is protected by the provisions of Law 3028/2002 "on the Protection of Antiquities and the Cultural Heritage in general".